Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day update

Brought my Tuesday workout forward so that I could get it out of the way on the Holiday. After a 3 mile warm up I did 4*1600 with 3 minute recoveries. The length of the recoveries indicate that this wasn't meant to be too stressful a workout, just a little sharpener before the half this weekend. Goal was to hit 5.25,5.25, hit the third hard in sub 5 and then finish again with a 5.25. I hit 5.22,5.23,4.53,5.22. Felt good throughout so a good workout to end on heading into the race. Thursday I'll run a 'mini tempo' and some strides to get the legs ticking over but other than that I'll take my day off tomorrow and run easy 6/7 milers the rest of the week. The only problem with these 'tapers' is that I feel I'm losing fitness, but I know I'm not and there's plenty of more hard training to become before Richmond anyway!

Yesterday's run was 8.8 miles at 6.50 pace and then spent the day at a hot and busy Carowinds which I reckon takes as much out of me as a long run anyway!

No comments: