Monday, February 4, 2008

DVR sucks!

Okay so it's 8.30pm and really time that I put the girls to bed but the game is very tense and hard to drag myself away from. Not a problem, I'll DVR it and watch the rest of the game when I come back down! What would I have done without it?!

So an hour later I'm back down and press play to watch the game from where I left off. It's 10-7 but Brady is patiently marching his team up the field. Then all of a sudden the action stops and the game returns to 'real time'. It's 17-14, Pats 4th and 20 with 10 seconds to go. What the ??

It appears DVR can't handle programs that overrun. So at 9.30 when the postgame show was scheduled, the game had stopped recording so I missed Moss and Burress's TDs!

Still, it was a great game, had a few beers and Lisa made some great Nachos so not all was lost.

Using the word 'sucks' in this post is funny. Before I came over I would never have used that expression! It made me think of all the other phrases I use regularly now that the Queen would have difficulty in understanding.

"Hey!", "Hey Man!", "What's up?", "What's going on?", "Not much", etc. I've even heard myself use the word "awesome" from time to time (Emily's favourite word)!

Oh, yesterday's run was 12 miles with Tim at 6.40 pace. A really nice Sunday run. Then Lisa, Emily and I went to watch the Circus at the Bobcats Arena and I was actually really impressed!

Heading to the track tonight to do some mile repeats and may even do a quick 'shake out' run at lunch time as I'm off work today. I've pencilled in some goal races and am going to put a training plan together in the next few days so watch this space...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look out, Paul is working himself back into shape. Uh-oh...