Saturday, February 2, 2008

Meat and potatoes

Lots of meat and potato runs for me at the moment, just churning out some miles every day, no paticular focus on anything, not even sure when or what my next workout is going to be. Just happy that the knee is cooperating at the moment. The training will take care of itself and I'll focus on something and train towards it when I'm ready.

Yesterday was 6.8 miles to bring the 50 up for the week. Today was 8.5 in three loops that got progressively faster. To update those with snow and whatever to contend with, today was 40 and sunny here, shorts and long sleeve top but i never seemed to get warm. Tomorrow will be more meat and potatoes, albeit a bigger portion, and then I have Monday off from work so have pencilled in a workout. Will be my first 'proper' day off from work since September. Ridiculous.

Means I can hopefully have a lie in after the Superbowl. Enjoy everyone. Taking the Pats to win but not as comfortably as most expect, let's say 27-13.

Well Sophie is asleep and my other girls are out and about so hopefully a couple of hours of peace and snoozing, a rare commodity as most of you know!

2 comments:

Hubitron said...

Sounds good Mainers. The snow and "whatever" crowd is none too pleased at the moment. Sounds like it's been bitterly cold where runninlaw is, and here in Chicago we just got a few more inches of snow. I guess you'll have it a bit rougher come mid-summer. Enjoy what I'd call completely perfect running weather!

mainers said...

yeah i'll have it rough in the summer when if you run later than 5am you're toast!