Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Good and bad news

The good.....Judging by the workout I did Monday I'm in better than expected shape. 4*1600 with 90 seconds recovery in 5.01,5.05,5.02,5.04. This is a sort of benchmark session for me I do every so often and the results compare well to previous efforts. I felt pretty strong too

the bad..... during the workout I could feel a little tweak in my right calf and sure enough it was a little bit painful yesterday when i woke up. So I've got a little tear down there which will take a few days to wotk itself out probably. We'll see, it certainly doesn't feel like a bad one.

I had a 5k earmarked for saturday but will probably have to forego that now. But I'm feeling positive because I know I'm in good shape despite all the issues I've had lately and I'm optimistic for some good times this spring

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, mainers, if it's not one thing, it's another, know what I mean! It's tough cause it seems like you're doing all the right stuff. Anyhow, heal up and don't worry about that 5k. It's early and you can do a baseline 5k anytime early in the cycle.