Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back in the swing

Not much to report. Ran 5 miles recovery on Monday, 7 on Tuesday. Without actually hurting I could tell that my knee was recovering from the toll of Sunday's workout so yesterday I ran an easy 4 miles at lunch time and cut back on the planned workout I had with Tim. Tim was doing 3*3200 so i joined him for the first one (10.34) and hopped in for a mile of the second one (5.07) then did some strides and warmed down. I was wearing my 'every day' shoes so I felt a bit sluggish compared to usual track workouts, but I'll take it.

Took today off (instead of tomorrow's planned day off) and will still hit 50 miles for the week so I'm happy with that. Have pencilled in a 5k on the 9th Feb which should give me some sort of a benchmark of where I am at the moment. I'm guessing mid 16s shape. Long way to go...

No comments: