Friday, January 9, 2009

All work and no play

Ok my life since last Sunday has been like this. 5am wake up, go to work. 7.30pm leave work, eat dinner, put kids to bed. 10.30pm go to bed. Repeat.

No run since last Sunday. I did step out on Monday but could immediately feel something in my quad and haven't bothered to try running since. No time anyway! Feels like there is a minor tear in there. May test it out again tomorrow but looks like I'll just have to let nature take its course and take a couple of weeks off.

So not a great week! Looking forward to some family time tomorrow. Both the girls start ballet (Sophie for the first time) and then Emily is having her early birthday party. Then off to the pub with a few friends to watch the Panthers beat Arizona tomorrow night. Back to work Sunday!!

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Sounds like a fine weekend! Heal up well! I was crazy busy this week, but had the luxury of slacking today! We have snow, ice and ick weather. Please run tomorrow, and take a moment to feel the sun on your face and solid footing under you for me! :)

Unknown said...

Hope you are back at soon.
Matthew

willrun4food said...

I just read this... a couple months late... but it still was a really good thing for me to read right now. Injuries are just part of all of this and I need to realize it and be like you - let nature take it's course and be SMART! So glad I read this - your family is beautiful!