Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hills

Today Coach had thrown a rare hill workout into the mix. I jogged to the bottom of Sardis Lane and did 10 * c. 400m hill repeats with jog back down recovery.

The 400s were 76,78,77,76,76,76,75,76,75,75 and the recoveries all 1.57-2.00, so it was a very consistent workout.

I actually felt FIT doing this. Leg turnover was better than it has been. Tim had picked out a good location for a hill workout, the first 300 or so was a gradual uphill then it kicked in for the last 100 and I was really having to pump my arms and legs to keep the momentum.

Happy with the workout considering the miles this week and that the legs are feeling tired. My right groin is a little sore but this week I plan on running all my non workout miles at over 7 minute pace. The end of the week will be crazy with work so hopefully I'll still be able to squeeze the mileage in.

Week was as follows-

M- off (planned)
T- 7.17 easy
W- 12 easy am/6.3 easy pm
Th- 9.5 including 1*2 miles, 3*1 mile (2 minute jog recoveries)
F- 7.34 easy
Sa- 16.2 long
Su- 7.32 including 10*400m hills (jog down recoveries)

Total- 65.8

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about some broken links on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!
Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com