Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'll take that

Lisa was cleaning out our closets yesterday and came across a really old rarely worn pair of shoes of mine- Saucony Trigon Responsive. So I laced them up and ran in them today and what do you know i had an alright run! Ran with Tim and hit just over 13 miles at 6.37 pace. Could feel the knee throughout but was better than it has been. Once work calms down (I hope!) after next week I still am going to get it checked out by the doc but I'll take that run for now. I'm hoping maybe the change in shoes could be a factor. They were a lot firmer and more responsive than the shoes I have been running in for the last few months or so so i'll try them out the next few runs and see what happens.

I ended up running yesterday too in the end. An unplanned 3 mile dash home from Walmart after we had gone grocery shopping! As usual the lines in Walmart were ridiculous and Sophie isn't one to sit in her stroller for long so I left Lisa with the shopping and took the kids to the car so they could watch a DVD while we waited. Twenty minutes later the car wouldn't start as I had only turned the electrics on and not the engine! Won't do that again! We didn't know how long we would have to wait for someone to come so I dashed home grabbed the other car and came back so i could get the kids home and Lisa waited for the mechanics to turn up.

Oh well all was okay in the end and I got to watch the two games too. So far my predictions have borne out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mainers,

Got my plane ticket to your fair city for the CharlotteFest Races. Any suggestions on where to stay and/or eat would be mucho appreciated!!

Sad you won't be in town, but such is life...

mainers said...

Hey Joseph, yeah it's a shame i won't be in town that weekend. drop me an email and i'll give you some ideas