Saturday, January 12, 2008

So I finally did something about it

At last I hear you all cry! I went to the docs on Wednesday and had the knee looked at. X rays came out fine so the fall hasn't caused any obvious structural damage. Doc diagnosed that the fall caused a bunch of swelling issues down there in the tissues/tendons between my knee cap and my quad that has led to tendonitis. Didn't see the need to do an MRI for now, just prescribed me some anti inflammatories, fixed me up with a knee brace and booked me some physio sessions to strengthen my quad and help align the tracking between my quad and my knee (something Joseph referred to a while back). He actually said I could carry on running, just cut back significantly and don't do anything that makes the knee hurt.

So you probably won't be hearing from me for a while. Instead of one day going on about a great run and lamenting the knee the next I've finally come round to the fact that I've got to sort the knee out properly before I even think about getting back to proper training

Adios folks!

4 comments:

Mindi said...

Well don't be gone too long. We don't mind hearing about being laid up either.

Good luck healing that knee!!

Anonymous said...

Mainers,

Drop me an email. I'm looking for you email address but can't find it. Have a few questions about Charlotte and the 10k itself?

Best,

Tusca

The Salty One said...

Bummer! Down time is very good for us but it's tough. I wish you the best and hope to see you back sooner rather than later!

Hubitron said...

Good luck on the recovery, Mainers. I'm sure you'll be back at it in no time. See you soon.