Monday, March 24, 2008

Checking back in

So it's been a while! Have been keeping up to date with everyone else's news but been slack on my front, so thought it was time I checked back in.

Well the main reason I haven't been posting is, yes you guessed it, I've been fighting injury again.!

Following my last post I ran the 5k and actually won it, although the race turned out to be a bit of a fiasco. First of all the organisers in their wisdom decided to make it an out and back course on narrow trails, so you spent the whole second half of the race worrying you were going to crash into racers coming the other way and secondly they decided that 5k is about 3.4 miles. my time was 17.45 which I think I worked out as being low 16s for a 5k but I didn't care by that point!

So all was good at that point. Then went for a run with Tim the next day and 9 miles in my LEFT calf went on me, just like that. So cut a long story short that put me out for another two weeks. I've had some treatment and gradually built the mileage back up and am hopefully past this issue now. But how many times have you heard that before??

I've forgotten about my racing plans for the Spring now. I'm just going to see how things go. I am going to do less workouts and slow down my day to day runs and stretch like there is no tomorrow.

Other than that, all has been fine. Family are doing great and work has got a little bit less stressful the last couple of weeks. So hopefully I can get this blog up and running again starting with an update on today's run that I'm just about to head out the door and do!

Run was okay tonight. Ran 20 miles over the weekend at the beach so took it easy today, 6.8 at 7.08 pace. Felt very sluggish running in the evening for the first time in ages. Plus my guts were playing up. Still that is 9 days consecutive running now without a squeal from my calf so I'm going to try a light workout tomorrow night. More to get the legs moving again than anything. I've pencilled in an 8k race at the weekend and although I am not expecting much, would still like to put a decnt effort in

No comments: