Monday, March 31, 2008

No goals

First off, best wishes to Tusca, sounds pretty scary.

No goals for me at the moment. My previous aims for a fast spring 5k on the track have been quashed by all the niggles I have been suffering. I've come to realize now that I don't have the training in place to go for it and I doubt I'd risk putting spikes on for a while anyway. I'm just enjoying being healthy at the moment and don't want to put any other pressures on. Looking at the next few weeks it seems as if racing is going to be a big part of my training anyway. I actually have races lined up for the next 4 weekends!

I am travelling to England for our yearly visit to family and friends on Thursday and am planning two races over there. This weekend a 10k at Chirk Castle near my parents' house in Wales. I believe it will be the first time I have ever raced in Wales despite having lived near the border for 16 years of my life! Then the following weekend I'm going to be visiting friends in the South and me and a couple of buddies are planning a 5k in Windsor (the afternoon of the London Marathon).

Then back in Charlotte I'm doing a 'Run for the Money' charity 5k my first Saturday back and then a big 5k race the following Saturday, the second race in the Grand Prix series here. I missed the first race so need to start playing catch up. So it will be one hard session and a race each week for the next month. If I can get through that healthy maybe then I can think about the next goals!

Since the race on Saturday I've had two easy days of 5.3 and 5.1 miles and the legs seem to be okay. Also, I am on a 'streak' of 16 days at the moment. I've usually been one to take at least one day off each week. Looking back 16 days is my joint second longest streak ever! 24 days to beat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mucho gracias for the well wishes; things are probably fine, but just to be careful...