Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dead horse

Went to the track last night and wussed out before I'd even done half of my planned workout! Earlier in the day had run a 4 mile easy 'shake out' run and had felt okay but after a 2 mile warm up I could tell 400 meters into my first 800 that it just wasn't happening. the planned workout was 2 800s at 5k pace, 2 mile tempo and then a 'fast' mile to finish off, but the two 800s were a real struggle and 800 meters into the tempo I called it quits.

Now there's a time and place for pushing through these feelings and getting the workout done but this wasn't one of them, there was no point in flogging the dead horse. I just felt really fatigued and weak, no zip in the legs. Didn't help that i'd been at work since 5.30 in the morning so that I could leave early for the workout plus i'm still shaking this cold off and am feeling weak generally but still it was a bit worrying!

Today was better, met up (early!) with some guys I hadn't run with in a while and it was good to talk shit for an hour while running the 7.20 pace that i should definitely run a lot more often! Got 11.3 in.

No comments: