Monday, July 28, 2008

Late run

I was eventually able to get out at 10pm last night to get 4.7 miles in and get to my planned 40 miles for the week, nothing more, nothing less! it was still incredibly humid at that time. I literally ran around my neighbourhood 8 times to get it done. with the darkness, the heat and the cacophany of bugs chirping away it was quite a surreal run! I ended up running an average 6.25 pace and that after a couple of 7 minute miles to warm up, so I made sure this morning's run of 6.3 miles was at a much more relaxed pace.

Tomorrow will be repeat of last Tuesday's workout but with a longer warm up, 4 minutes instead of 5 between the tempo and the mile repeats and a faster goal pace for the miles. I will make sure I start before the sun rises as it has got very hot and humid here again!

No comments: