Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

My Dad turns 60 today. Happy birthday to one of my few readers! Ironically he is currently speeding along the autoroutes in France on his way to Lake Garda in Italy for his vacation so won't get to read this for a couple of weeks anyway!

The run today felt more like a chore than something I enjoyed! 7.85 mile road loop including 8*100 striders at the local track. I felt tired and my legs were stiff and unresponsive.

I need to get more sleep and finish work earlier. Unfortunately I have a 6.30 am flight to catch tomorrow so it will be another short night's sleep tonight. Maybe I can catch up at the Sofitel tomorrow night!

For the legs I actually have a massage appointment booked later today so that will be good, especially with no run planned now till Friday am.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Hppy Birthday to your dad!

Sorry to hear you are dragging some - I definitely know how that goes. Hopefully you'll be back to your snappy self soon.

I miss scrabulous! I can't believe they took it down! :)

mainers said...

i know- what is up with that!!

JS said...

Funny...my dad just turned 60 last month. He came out here and ran the Missoula marathon on his birthday; what a way to celebrate!

Keep up the great training!