Saturday, July 12, 2008

RFYL 4 miler




Race went pretty well today. I came in second in 21.41 over a minute behind perennial Grand Prix victor Marchinko but more importantly over 20 seconds ahead of my rival for 2nd place in the overall GP. I ran pretty solid, felt much better than my last few races. I consciously let the race come to me this time rather than forcing it from the off and it paid dividends. Calf/achilles was a little sore but not too bad and I'm now not running unil Tuesday and have an appointment with Doc on Monday anyway. For my troubles I won another free massage at the place I went to last time, so she'll be glad to see me back again not paying a dime!

It was all a bit different the pre race today without Lisa here. Had to wake the kids up at 6 and head out without breakfast, drop them off with Tim who was on kid duty himself while Hannah ran and generally just rush everything I would normally take my time over, but I think that actually helped in the end!

That made my 50 for the week and next week the second phase of my training begins with a long workout on Tuesday, a midweek long run on Thursday and a 'double' on Friday. Bring it on!

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Nice job! Congrats!!

JS said...

Well done, Paul! Sounds like things are going well down in NC for you. I'll be following along as you ready for Richmond!

Anonymous said...

All right dude, get back to daily posting; I need the company:)

Nice race, by the way. You're rounding into shape quite well...