Friday, July 11, 2008

Run, work, eat, sleep

That has been my daily cycle this past week, hence the lack of updates! This is always my busiest time of year and so it has been again. There is light at the end of the tunnel though- hence the chance to geta quick update on here!

So, a quick recap. The 5k was predictably bad, coming in second in 16.48, but I came to terms with that fairly quickly. that was followed by a day at work when I was literally the only person in our entire building. Mattered not a jot to me, family were out of town anyway and July 4th doesn't rank high on my 'favourite holidays' list- I'll get to take the day some other time.

Saturday and Sunday were nice and quiet. Heavy rain precluded me doing any of my planned (honestly!) yard work on the Sunday so I was able to watch the Wimbledon Final in full, mesmerized by the amazing drama and feeling I was witnessing something that will go down in sporting history. And what's more a graceful loser and a humble victor. Class

Then the family got back and my week of toil at work began.

I have got all my training in though- heading out the door 5.30 every morning. Fifty miles this week including a great fartlek workout on Tuesday and my longest run for a while of 12 miles on Thursday. The only glitch on the running front has been the aches and pains in my lower legs threatening to rear their ugly heads again but we'll see. My RHR is apparently now down to 42 which is a good sign of the fitness gradually coming back.

I have a 4 mile race tomorrow, part of the Grand Prix Series here. I plan to complete the Series as part of my marathon build up so will be looking to get as many points as possible tomorrow not withstanding the fact that I'm still not in great race shape and this is by no means a goal race for me.

Lisa's out of town visiting her poor Mom who had a stroke last week so I'll have my hands full a bit more this weekend than I did last!

No comments: