Saturday, August 23, 2008

Greek Fest 5k

Bagged my sub 16 for the year in probably my last 5k of the year (5.00/5.10/5.10/0.33=15.53). Nice weather, nice course, good training and people to race- all came together and luckily made the most of it. Sub 5 minute pace at the start felt pretty uncomfortable to be honest but once the race settled down I was fine and moved from 4th to 2nd gradually through the race. Finished pretty strong. It's always satisfying when you see tangible results from all the training you're doing- thanks for the schedules Tim! That freak ran 16.37 with a baby stroller!!

20 miler tomorrow planned to give me over 70 for the week- probably my biggest weekly mileage total ever. Good luck in your 5k Tusca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mainers, man, nice race, nice race. You haven't even touched your speed yet!!! Good God...