Thursday, August 14, 2008

I got some sleep (ish)

Proud of myself last night. Fast asleep by 11. Probably a one off until Beijing over but impressive nonetheless.

Of course then I had to wake up at 5.30 to get my run in but such is life. even the dog couldn't be bothered to get up with me this morning

Today Coach had me down for 12 miles including 8 miles of 2 mins 'on'/3 mins 'off'. I found a hilly road loop of about 2 miles and the workout proceeded as follows

'On' paces were 5.31/18/51/23/26/34/08/37/20/24 (average 5.27), 'off' was generally 7 minute miling. Total run 12 miles in 1:18

The 'on' paces were erratic as it was a hilly loop and i was trying to maintain effort rather than pace so some were faster, some slower. Overall a decent enough workout- run in my 'normal' shoes rather than flats

No comments: