Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ticked all the boxes

Panthers Blue Points 5k

Run a solid patient race- check
Beat Robert Miller for GP points- check
Finish stronger than have been in recent 5ks- check
Don't kill yourself ahead of 16 mile run tomorrow and hard week of training ahead- check

So all good today. Ran 16.22 on a tough course in ridiculous heat to come 4th. I felt stronger than I have done in recent races and it showed me that the training has been paying dividends. And so ends the second 'phase' of my training. Tomorrow I'm planning 16 miles and then next week the mileage gets bumped up to 60 with two tough workouts thrown in

New York was a good trip. had some useful meetings and got to run in Central park Friday morning. However that run was awful! Head pounding the whole way round- penance for doing Guinness and shots in an Irish Bar with our Head of Risk Management the night before.

Massage was good too. She really gave me a hard 'going over' and I was sore for a couple of days but fine now. Just hope the legs are going to be cooperative now that the harder training kicks in.

To top off a good day so far, Lisa and I get to go on a 'date' for the first time in weeks tonight- planning to wine and dine in a bit of style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, man, nice...looks like you're putting in some consistant work...in the dead of summer to boot.