Saturday, August 16, 2008

Super Saturday and Primetime Schmimetime

What a day for the Brits at the Olympics! We won 5 golds and would likely have won 2 more had the winds been blowing at the sailing venue (they will come tomorrow instead). In fact we have drawn level with Michael Phelps now with 7- outstanding! As many wags have observed too, we must be leading the medal table for events where you have to sit on your arse to compete (cycling, sailing, rowing).

Drawing inspiration from the Olympics, training continues to be solid. A nice and easy 6.8 miler yesterday and then 8.8 today with miles 4 and 8 in 5:08. Tomorrow is another 18 miler to make it two 65 weeks in a row (70 planned next week, including a 5k race Saturday)

Looking forward to the Marathon later. Obviously my heart is hoping Paula does well but bearing in mind her preparation that has to be unlikely. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see the other Brit Yamauchi beat her! Whatever it should be a grim battle, although I am not sure what the weather/smog is supposed be like.

Of course, I'm looking forward to the Marathon on the basis that NBC will actually show it live. They may not, judging by how the rest of the track races have been shown. Which brings me to the second half of my post title. Imagine my surprise when I tuned in in time for the 100m Final this morning only to not be able to find it on any channel, anywhere (including internet streaming!). What the ?? Well done Uwain, I'll see you later if they can squeeze you in between a commercial break....

No comments: