Friday, December 14, 2007

Angry knee

My knee was angry with me today. Wednesday was 5 on the trails nice and easy (7.10 pace) and yesterday I gave my knee it's first tough test since coming back. I ran to work, which is 12 miles of hopping on and off sidewalks, charging across intersections hoping noone jumps a red light, etc. And it's dark. Generally unpleasant but gets me to work early and gets me some good miles in. Despite fearing the worst for my knee before heading out, it stood up perfectly and i made it in pain free in 76 minutes which was 6.20 pace. I was very happy.

Later went to lunch with my team and it was one of those Japanese places where they cook everything in front of you. Had a great lunch but legroom was at a premium because of the hot plate in the middle of the table, so my knee ached big time despite getting up several times to stretch it out.

So when I did my 6.8 on the trails this morning (6.50 pace) the knee was sorer than it has been for a while, especially to start off with. It feels better now as I sit but we'll see what tomorrow brings. i was planning on a tempo run but may need to put back any intensity for another few days. We'll see. I got 50 miles in for the week though which was the goal.

Looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow is our company holiday party and we have family in town who can baby sit so I'm actually going to be able to go with Lisa. Will be our first 'date' in months! Plus the plan is to leave the car at the hotel and run to collect it on Sunday so we can have a few drinks too. Whatever next?!

Then Sunday it's Man U Liverpool and Chelsea Arsenal as the top 4 play each other and my fantasy team lines up in the semi finals of our league. My team the Seahawks are actually in town but I was not allowed to go as Emily has her ballet recital. The Panthers are so dreadful anyway at the moment that I probably wouldn't have gone anyway!

No comments: