Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

It always amazes me the contrast in weather across this vast country. So there's Hubitron heading out in his full winter running suit, while I'm hitting the Mcalpine Creek trails shirtless. It's Christmas Eve for f*cks sake!!

My slowing it down a notch lasted all of ten minutes today. Wanted to run 75 minutes so did an out and back route. Covered 5.75 miles for the first 37.5 minutes and got back home 36 minutes later so the second half of the run was 6.15 pace. I need my training partners back before I hurt myself again! Felt strong today, could definitely feel the knee but as i write this i have no doubt i'll be fine tomorrow. I always enjoy heading out for a run on xmas day. Makes me feel all self righteous thinking only the hard core will be training today. And don't worry, I'll head out when youngest one is napping so I won't disrupt our 'family day'

So eventually we are all set for tomorrow. Put the finishing screws to the presents half an hour ago and did the obligatory last minute trip to Walgreens to buy a year's supply of batteries just now. I'm sure we'll be up at 5 but I guess I always got my parents up at that time when I was a kid so what goes around comes around!

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Hubitron said...

Merry Christmas, Mainers.

We'll have to share that hardcore feeling. I made it out this morning before the wife and kid awoke (which was unfortunately 5-10 minutes after I was out the door). Oh yeah, I also had my shirt on!

Mindi said...

Yep, I feel the same way about Christmas running. It is awesome if you run on the roads too b/c there is very little traffic!

I envy your weather. My Christmas run was a slushy/sliding mess and I have been sore for 2 days from it.

I hope you and yours had an awesome Christmas.