Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mercury rising

80 degrees here today apparently! In December?? That is ridiculous. This time last year I ran the Charlotte marathon and it was over 60 degrees cooler. The marathon was run in better conditions this year!Fantastic sub 3 hour run by one of my one and only regular readers, Stan. It was won in 2:41 or somewhere around there.

Work is crazy at the moment and my training buddies all seem to be taking some down time so I'm getting up even earlier than usual to get the runs in. Today I left the house at 4.45! Ran 9.35 in 58 minutes on the roads. Was really rolling at about 6 minute pace by the end. Once I start getting back into the workouts the pace of these runs will have to be reined in, but while I'm just getting some miles in I'll run by 'feel'. Some days it will be 6 min pace, some 7 plus. Knee was better again that it was last time out. Can still feel it towards the end of my runs though. Back on the trails again tomorrow just to get back to the softer surface again.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

I'm glad to see you are feeling better and ticking out some fast miles!

The Salty One said...

Waa. We were just inundated with slush last night here. Luckily this is my down week for the year and I don't even have to wonder what to wear to run in this crap.

Oh, and how the hell do you get out the door at 4:45 in December? I can barely get out the door to run at 6:00 even when it's warm and light out in the summer!

I hope that knee keeps on cooperating!

Hubitron said...

Good to see you coming back, Mainers! There must have been something going on near thanksgiving...a bunch of us got hurt, and we're all now on the mend. Weird. I know what you mean by the "run by feel" comments...my easy runs to come back have all been rather speedy for "easy" runs. I think I just automatically slow down my avg pace once I start adding volume.

mainers said...

Salty, remember that it was in the 60s when i left the house and i ran in t shirt and shorts, but yes it was VERY difficult to get up! Tim is back at it tomorrow so at least I'm committed to meeting someone early!

Hubitron, like wise with you! you're right we all seemed to get dinged at the same time but luckily not too badly!

Same with me re the easy runs. Once volume and intensity gets up I'll be slowing right down on 'easy' days