Sunday, December 9, 2007

It all starts here

Not much to report, just can't believe Monday has rolled around again so quickly! Yesterday I designated as the start of my new training block. Ran 7 @ 6.20 pace from Emily's ballet class back home. Didn't mean to run that pace but felt pretty good so just went with it. Today was 10 on the trails at 6:40 pace. Knee was a little sore for the second half of the run so I'm going to take my planned day off for the week tomorrow and not run again till Tuesday evening.

Aiming for 50 miles this week, all easy pace. If all goes to plan I'll do my first workout of sorts next Saturday- a 6 mile tempo run. Today on my run I checked out the track at a local private school and all looks good- no locked gates or anything like that and literally a mile jog from my front door. The plan will be to start doing 2 track workouts per week soon along with the tempo run. All other days easy, cycles of 50,60-65,60-65,50, etc. Not going to get too far ahead of myself though!

No comments: