Saturday, December 1, 2007

Pie eater


Going to see the physio on Monday. No sign of this getting any better and i need to see someone so i can feel I've got some sort of rehabilitation program in place. At the moment I'm just doing nothing, hoping I will wake up one morning and it will be better. I've not even thought about cross training as I'm not sure what I can or can't do on it so i need to do something about this

To make me even happier, I got on the scales today and I'm the heaviest I have been in years. Thing is I eat a lot of food and since being injured my body has still seemed to have demanded the same amount of food as before. I'm figuring I'm burning1,000 calories less a day now so every three days I'll gain a pound- that's how it works isn't it? I will start cutting back soon I'm sure

On a happier note, we had a great family day today. We picked out and put up our christmas tree and the joy on Emily and Sophie's faces when we turned the lights on
made me forget about my stupid knee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news is that the weight will come right back off once you get going again.

Tricky thing, though, is that it's usually not a good idea to try to diet when you're acutely dinged: the body needs the calories to repair itself (at least, that's how I understand the physiology).

Whatever, number one thing is to get better. Once you are, then the weight will take care of itself...

The Salty One said...

I'm up about 5 lbs myself. It's the winter. It's downtime. It's whatever. We're still emaciated compared to the rest of Americans--we can pretty much always count on our fellow-citizens for making us look good even on our fat days :)


Oh! How wonderful Christmas is when you're little!!

Anyway, I hope your knee gets with the program soon!

PS I'll make sure mrp gets a picture of me after my mud bath! Can't wait!

Mindi said...

I feel your pain, Mainers. Good luck with the physio and have fun with Sophie - the holidays are the best.