Sunday, December 21, 2008

Change of scenery

Ran at Mcmullen again today, nice change of scene from my usual haunts. No whipper snappers laying down the hammer today though, just me and Powderfinger on the ipod. 10.24 miles in 1.08.40 (6.42). Didn't feel great again to be honest but job done. Week was as follows-

M- off (planned)
T- 5.3 easy
W- 8.05 easy
Th- 7 inc. 8*800 with 90 secs recovery. 800s were 2.35-2.40 finishing with a 2.33
F- off (unplanned- work got crazy)
S- 9.42 hard
Su- 10.24 steady

40 miles for the week as planned, back to 7 days running this week, hopefully 60 miles and coach has me doing 16 400s with 200 recoveries as my speed workout this week which seems somewhat daunting at this point!

After the run I headed to South Park Mall to finish xmas shopping. On my way there I realised I was going to get there too early so stopped at the track to do a few token strides- what a weird feeling it is to have all this time at the weekend! Finished off getting Lisa's presents and went to the shop to pick up some more Saucony Rides for myself. Have realised that starting xmas shopping early is not a good idea. You just end up buying a lot more than you planned in the first place!

Came home and have since been procrastinating over getting done what i need to get done ever since!

No comments: