Saturday, December 20, 2008

Long way to go

Lisa and the kids left town this morning to see Nanny and Papa before Christmas so I'm home alone until Tuesday. One positive aspect of this is all of a sudden I am Mr Flexible and can run any time, any place, anywhere! So I met up with Cody and Chris out on the McMullen Greenway today to join them in their workout.

I got the hammer well and truly put down on me! First three miles were easy then Chris picked it up. I stayed and chatted with Cody through mile 7 (6.13,6.02,5.50,5.52) then he left me and miles 8 and 9 were 6.08 and 6.27 as I struggled on just desperate for the run to finish! a reality check that I've got a long way to go!

Still, it was a good hard run and nice to run with Chris and Cody. Since Tim's departure it's generally been me and the ipod. Good to run at a new location too- ideal for a tempo workout. With the fam away I'm thinking of going somewhere new again for the planned 10 miler tomorrow. Before that I'm hoping to get a good nap in this afternoon (!) and then finish off the xmas shopping. Lisa's long list of errands can wait until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Enjoy all of your time this weekend!! I am glad to hear the foot has healed up. It is really hard to get going again after several weeks off, but in 6 weeks you will be back to your old self! And it sounds like your head is back in the game, which is key.

Unknown said...

Paul,
Not to put any pressure on you to continue to blog, but I just put your blog on my favorite list next to Tim's. Hopefully you are back at it as you would like soon. I will keep track. Take care.
Matthew Whitis (columbus ohio)