Saturday, December 27, 2008

some advice...

don't do a tempo workout three hours after eating a big pizza lunch! was meant to run this in the morning to avoid this potential issue but things happened and i ended up delaying the workout until Sophie was napping

Still had a decent effort but stomach was doing flips throughout and I just didn't feel too hot, either during or after the run. I did a total of 10 miles in 62:17 with the middle six in 35:19 then 4 * 1 min 'on'/2 mins 'off. To cap a day of over eating, Lisa and I went on a rare 'date' tonight and had amazing curries at Bombay grille! Potentially an interesting choice of pre 14 mile run fuel- we'll find out tomorrow morning! 14 miles seems pretty daunting at the moment, but if I can get out and do it that will be a 65 mile week and things will be looking up

Funny in the park today. there's me running in just shorts and everyone else in tights/jackets, etc!come on people it's over 60 degrees! what are you going to wear when it's freezing??!

excited tonight because pre date, Lisa and I took the opportunity to do some shopping together 'sans kids' and I picked up a sweet pair of calf sleeves. have been looking to get some for some time and eventually got round to it! bright white too so you'll definitely see me coming!

Meineke Bowl here today was pretty exciting! I took my family 'down town' today and we went on the light rail (my first time!). The tram (as expected) was packed with WV and Tar Heel fans and it was interesting for my parents to see that bit of US 'culture'. I had to explain tailgating and they were impressed by the pre game rally put on by the Tar Heel brass band. We watched some of the game when we got home and I was having a few problems trying to describe what was going on to my Mum, especially trying to explain to her that despite the crazy interest in the game the two teams were from Colleges and were essentially playing a consolation prize match up. My Dad on the other hand showed no interest whatsoever. It's Wrexham FC or nothing for him!

No comments: