Saturday, December 20, 2008

The new plan

So Leg and I (via email, punk!) have mapped out the next few weeks. Goal is simply to get fit again and be in position to step up the training and start jumping competitively into races again by the time Spring rolls around.

Two months was the longest time in years that I hadn't run and with the passing of time I guess it takes me longer now for my body to readapt but this has definitely been the toughest 'comeback' from injury I have had. To start with I've had to get the weight back down from a higher level than usual. I'm now at a much more manageable (and familiar!) weight but still feel pretty sluggish and heavy. Other than easy mileage, I have managed to incorporate a couple of longer runs (13 miles last weekend) into the schedule and also a couple of tempo and track workouts. The 800m repeats that used to be done in the 2.20s are currently taking closer to 2.40 and my tempo pace is closer to 6 minutes than 5.30 but I'm doing everything cautiously and hoping to reap the benefits in the long run.

No comments: