Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had as much fun as we did! Things didn't go to plan to start with however! Got to the airport yesterday and no sign of Mum and Dad. They had flown via Atlanta and the line for passport control was ridiculous so they missed their connecting flight. So we packed the upset kids back in the car and went home (via Mcdonalds which cheered them up a bit) with me planning to return later to get them off the next flight which they were on standby for. Just about to leave the house with Emily now changed into her pjs to come with me and we got the dreaded phone call. There was only one seat left on the plane so they gave it up to the next person and stayed in Atlanta for the night

So Christmas morning wasn't as planned. Kids opened up their presents and we jumped in the car and luckily this time they were on the flight. Back to the house and more presents to open so the kids were in heaven!

While Sophie napped, Lisa cooked and Emily talked Grandma's ear off, I headed out for my workout which ended up kicking my butt! 2.25 mile warm up, then 16 400s with 200m jog recoveries. Originally I had presumed that 75s for the 400s and 60s for the recoveries would be a reasonable goal but it was soon clear that the 400s were going to be closer to 80s so I pretty much ignored the watch and just tried to run relaxed but hard for the rest of the workout. Ended up running the reps between 76-79 seconds with all the 200m sub 60 but was tempted to step off the track on numerous occasions! Only being accountable to Coach, this blog (!) and the thought of the impending 9,000 calorie eating/drinking fest got me through it and I was happy I gutted it out.

When I got back to the house the smell in the kitchen was amazing and my parents and Emily were on the terrace soaking up the sun- certainly different to the Christmas day weather my parents are used to. Dinner was amazing (thanks Lis!) and then we all went for a nice walk and hung out for the rest of the day playing with all the new toys. Good times!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Merry Christmas! I am glad your folks made it in!

Nice workout!