Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hot and cold

So Saturday I ran shirtless and for last night's and this morning's run I was in jacket, tights and gloves! Nice 40 degree change in temps there! back in the 60s again by Christmas day apparently! And the weather changes have been reflected by how i've felt running the last few days. At the weekend when it was warm I felt crap, but the two cold runs this week have been great!

Yesterday I put my run off until after work as family still away till tonight. Of course i ended up having to work late and didn't get on the roads until after 8, but I did 6.54 miles at 6.55 pace. Then after dinner, the Packers game and a few hours sleep, I got up and did the same run again in reverse, this time at 6.49 pace.

I pushed my planned Tuesday workout back to the end of the week. I tend to do that when I have holidays. I become a 'holiday warrior', taking advantage of the time out from work to get some decent workouts in. So the back end of my week looks really stacked now!

Tomorrow I am running the 12 miles into work so that Lisa can pick me up in the afternoon on our way to pick my Mum and Dad up from the airport (yea!), then Christmas Day I'm planning to knock out the 16*400 workout before the big eat and drink fest begins, friday will be easy, hard tempo workout on Saturday and 14 miles on Sunday. If I get through all that unscathed I should start feeling pretty fit again soon

No comments: