Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back to work... and a rare date

After a nice cut back week it was back to the grind this morning with a trip to the local track. Session was 2*1000 with 400m recovery (goal 3.07s), 4*400 with 90 seconds recovery (goal 68-70), 2*1000 with 400m recovery (goal 3.00s).

Managed to hit 3.07,3.06,70,68,67,67,2.59,3.00 and felt pretty decent throughout. Even tagged on another 68 400 at the end to help Tim through his last rep. Mind you I should have been feeling decent after a few easy days and the quite beautiful weather we had here today- no humidity at all!

Alarm already set for tomorrow's effort- 17 mile run at 6 am. Luckily I'll have some company.

So a good start to the day and a nice evening to finish as Lisa and I went out on our own for what we worked out was the first time in 2008 to spend the vouchers I won at last week's race. Left the kids with a babysitter and two boxes of pizza- which came in handy when I got back as I had my usual experience of eating at a swanky restaurant and coming away feeling half full!

Oh and I've joined Mindi and Salty One in signing up at Scrabulous.. and have taken a few heavy beatings so far- what does 'za' mean anyway??!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I started a game - its on!

No clue what half the words mean. Joe+ comes up with some great stuff - watch out for her! :)

Glad you had fun on your date and post-date pizza party!