Sunday, May 4, 2008

working hard

not much to report today. beautiful weather here- 80s and sunny- I fear that is it till November folks! spent the whole day running errands and putting my planned workout off as long as possible. back garden resembles the Amazon at the moment so went out and bought a lawnmower. got a bargain at Walmart then realized why. had to take it back, get another one, waste of a day!

eventually headed out while the kids were having dinner. didn't feel like it at all. Groin was (is) sore from yesterday's run. was meant to be doing a workout but headed out in my flats not knowing whether I was going to or not. Felt okay after a couple of miles and decided to give it a go.

workout was 3 mile tempo (goal 17:30), 3 minute jog, mile (goal 5:15), 2 minute jog, half mile (goal 2.24).

Tempo ended up being 16:46 (5.40,5.35,5.31), mile 5.16 and half mile 2.31. The tempo was very smooth and the mile was solid but I couldn't get my pace down to 3k pace for the half mile. I was holding back a little to nurse the groin but the workout basically told me what I already knew, I'm strong but not fast!

Groin a little stiff still so may push next workout back to Wednesday

may also go and see my physio this week as well. the pf that aggravated me last summer is showing some possible indications of flaring back up. I'm not too concerned and it is in a different place to last year but will hopefully nip it in the bud anyway

No comments: