Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Heavy legged

Tough workout tonight. Goal was 20 minutes at 5.30 pace, mile jog, 5 * 400 with 400 jog recovery in 70 seconds or less. Managed just over 20 minutes at 5.26 pace and then 69,71,70,71,70 for the 400s.

Tempo section was very smooth, felt pretty good despite the heat. Trying to pick it up for the 400s was hard though. Legs felt heavy from the tempo run and no doubt all the past few days' efforts. Need to do some shorter interval work to get the speed back in the legs. Chill out now until race Friday night. Hopefully legs will bounce back by then because I was tired after this!

Elsewhere Obama got the nod in North Carolina. Will you guys ever finalize who goes up against McCain? An interesting (so to speak) first experience of a Presidential election in the States for me!

Saw the doc too today. Confirmed it's not pf, I've got some minor issues going on a bit behind that area but he recklons I should be able to nip it in the bud with a couple more sessions. Got a bit of laser treatment on it and was advised to soak my foot in warm water and epsom salts for 20 minutes every night. Anyone had any experience of this before??

Oh and my f*cking Garmin has broken down on me so I need to send it back which is a pain!

No comments: