Saturday, May 3, 2008

Going to the well


Did my longest run since training for the marathon in 2006 today

Swapped my planned days around as Lisa said she wanted to lie in tomorrow and not today. So I'll have to do my workout now tomorrow on tired legs!

Goal for the run was to get two hours in and the run went well. First hour I did a road loop and covered 8.87 miles(6.45). Second hour I hit Mcalpine and covered 9.2 miles (6.31). was feeling it after 15 miles but as I hit 15 miles in exactly 1.40 I set myself the challenge of covering 3 more miles before the 2 hour mark

We'll see how the legs respond tomorrow now!

Weighed myself before and after run to see how much fluid I lost- 5.5 lbs! Summer is creeping in on us here!

And what a difference a week makes. Last Saturday I was down after a disappointing race and that late Chelsea goal, today I've got 18 miles inside me and Man U thrashed West Ham 4-1 in their penultimate game. If Chelsea lose up at Newcastle on Monday the title is ours...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: