Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thresholds and 5k

Did a good workout with Tim tonight. For once our workouts lined up to be the same, the difference being that for Tim it was a threshold workout while the paces for me were going to be 5k! Did 7*1000 with 1 min jog recovery in 3.15/17/15/10/10/08/11. We shared the workload for the first 6 and then I fell apart a bit on the 7th so called it quits. Tim did 04 on the 7th and then a nice 2:58 to round it off! It was another decent workout in the bank for me though. The recoveries felt incredibly short! I've also got a nasty head cold at the moment and I could tell my temperature shot through the roof on the last rep! Sitting here a couple of hours later I'm feeling better though- just in time to wake up at 4.45 tomorrow and meet the gang at the Dowd YMCA for our 5.30 run!

I also got 17 in on Sunday and 7 recovery miles yesterday and the heel is no longer a concern so all is good at the moment. Hoping to get that sub 16 at the next 5k in three weeks.

Found out today that I can start applying for US citizenship now if I so desire. Previously I hadn't even considered it as I assumed I would have to lose my UK citizenship and also had to wait 5 years, but apparently not so on either count. The only reason I would get the citizenship would be so I could vote but it is certainly something I will consider now. It would be neat for three of us to have both UK and US passports!

1 comment:

JR Soehnlen said...

Congrats to your boys today....