Friday, May 9, 2008

'Grey's Not On TV'


Lisa wasn't happy last night. There was a tornado warning in some far flung corner of North Carolina and the local news channel took over the network to show us pretty red patterns on the screen for the entire hour while Grey's Anatomy was meant to be on. I do love the obsession with the weather here. Our news channel has a feature called 'Weather on the Ones'. It took me a while to work out that that meant they show the weather forecast every ten minutes (.11,.21,.31, etc.) 24 hours a day!

At least Jason Castro finally got voted off Idol the other night. As you can see Lisa and I spend lots of time engaging in deep and meaningful conversation once the kids have finally got off to sleep!

So we're having a few storms here lately and the humidity is hanging over us like a cloak. After a day off yesterday to rest the legs up I headed out this morning at 5.45 for a shake out run before tonight's race. The run went fine, the legs felt they had a bit of snap back in them and I'm intrigued to see how the last couple of weeks hard training affect my race tonight. However, it was in the 60s with 93% humidity. I was drenched before I even left our neighbourhood.Tonight's race is downtown so you get the nice fumes, etc. from the traffic and it will be 20 degrees warmer than it is currently. Lovely. I have run this race twice and both times it has been a death march for the last uphill mile.

On the positive side, I had a poor showing at this race last year after a great race two weeks previously, and a great showing at this race two years ago after a poor performance at the race two weeks before. Following that logic I am due a good race this time after my last race two weeks ago!

No comments: