Friday, November 16, 2007

Pleasantly sore


Went for my massage this evening. Spent the whole hour having work done on my calf and troublesome foot and currently feel sore but all the better for it. My 15 miler planned tomorrow could be interesting! It's always an eye-opener getting a sports massage. All the knots and adhesions you knew you probably had are painfully revealed to you. My masseuse said my foot felt like a string of pearls, which she then proceeded to 'crack' one by one. Anyway we'll see how it goes over the next few days, I'm going to book myself in for a more 'general' deep tissue massage in a couple of weeks.

Run today was the standard 7.4 at 7 pace in Mcalpine. Beautiful crisp 34 degrees morning. Long may these type of mornings continue. And so ends my 'cutback' week. Back ramping up the mileage again next week. 15 planned tomorrow and a workout of 3 mile tempo followed by 4*1k on Sunday.

Meanwhile in Austria, England laboured to a meaningless 1-0 victory and Michael Owen predictably got an injury which puts him out of our potentially crucial game against Croatia next week. Well done the FA for organising the match, I hope you got sufficient revenue from it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend- nice three day week ahead!

No comments: