Monday, November 12, 2007

Taking it for granted

So it's nice to be running pain free again. All summer I was fighting injury and at the time you're thinking how great it would be (and how far off it seems) to be able to train without worrying about breaking down at any moment. Then when you get that feeling back you risk just taking it for granted and not fully appreciating it. So I'm making sure I enjoy this time and do all I can to prevent recurrence of my injury.

Of course just enjoying running for the sake of running is a lot easier when you haven't got any specific goals to shoot for, which is pretty much the case for me at the moment. Other than the obligatory turkey trot next week I have no races mapped out on the calendar. The problem is I love racing and I need goals so I'm going to have to sit down and map out the next few months soon or I'll risk becoming aimless and less motivated. We'll see....

Meanwhile Wayne (only just) came up short and I'm 6 and 4 and a virtual shoe in for the play offs. My 'reality' team the Seahawks are playing as I write but I can't watch it as we are recording 'Heroes' and I can't watch one channel and record another!

Today was an easy 7.4 at 7.03 pace with buddies Tim and Joe as the sun rose over Mcalpine Creek. Tomorrow I have a tough track workout planned after work

No comments: