Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Heating up

6.5 miles @ 6:38. Ran after work, finished off with 8 100s at the track. Felt a bit more fluid and coordinated on the 100s today than on Saturday, hitting 16s rather than 17s and 18s. Had a great massage yesterday so my legs felt pretty good for the rest of the run too. I need to incorporate a regular massage into my plan for Richmond. However at $100 a pop it's pretty steep and I haven't got any more certificates to use!

Sleep: 6 hours (interrupted by Sophie who decided that playing with her new Teletubbies would be much more fun than actually sleeping). RHR: 51 (still v high for me)

So a nice run, but jeez it was hot! It's been unseasonably 'cool' the last couple of weeks but the heat is back with a vengeance this week. As I was walking between my 100s I was contemplating the fact that in a few weeks I'll be doing proper workouts in these conditiions. Ouch!

Also need to slow down my runs, starting tomorrow morning! I always find it difficult to hold it back in the base phase when I'm not doing any workouts and I'm feeling fresh every day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wejo, I think, mentions he runs his easy days no faster than 7:00 and he's a low 29 10k guy, if I'm not mistaken. Considering how the injury bug bites you, slower runs will allow greater volume. Of course, muscle memory and all makes doing it a real bitch, but a HRM would keep you honest, though I still kind of detest it on aesthetic principal...but it works, particularly in the heat.

mainers said...

ran 7.07 pace today!

Anonymous said...

Good man--keep it up and stay healthy :) Stretch!!