Monday, June 16, 2008

Quick update

Notice how the posts dwindle when I'm not running. I guess I only write this blog because I'm a runner (let's not start that whole "why do you write a blog?" debate again though). If I didn't run I wouldn't be writing a blog named 'Life with Mainers' after all!

That being said (and for the purposes of friends and family out there who couldn't give two hoots about my latest tempo run, etc.) I did have a great weekend. Saturday my Company organized tickets for us all to go to Carowinds Theme Park. This was great, despite the heat and vast numbers of fellow visitors because a) we had never been before and the kids had a blast and b) we were able to use our free tickets as credits towards the purchase of season tickets which means we can go back whenever we want now. Next time we'll try and get a babysitter so that Lisa and I can go on 'After Burn' rather than 'Dora the Explorer's Train Adventure' mind....

Then Sunday i had a great Father's Day topped off by watching Emily at her end of session Ballet Recital on the big stage!

Other than that I have been resting up nicely, no doubt hoarding some extra calories for the hard training ahead (will see the damage when i weigh myself on Wednesday). I was itching to run at the weekend but was good and didn't, only one and a half more days to go...

No comments: