Friday, June 6, 2008

The year so far

So today was the last training run of this cycle. 5k race tomorrow and then all of next week off. Decided I would have a look back at the log for the year so far and it basically told me what a frustating injury/illness filled 6 months it has been!

In a little over 5 months I have had 32 non run days- that's one month of doing nothing! In that time I have run just over 1,000 miles at an average of 44 per week and a paltry 6.3 average miles per run. That last stat was the most telling for me as it shows that even when i haven't had time off, a lot of those days have been very low mileage days.

Anyhow, the past is past. I am feeling healthy, no injury concerns and can't wait to start on the plan for the rest of the year leading up to the goal race at Richmond. Tim and I were bouncing ideas around this morning and we are putting the plan together as I speak. Tim has got some pretty cool ideas about how I should train this summer/fall and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out. I'll post further details of the plan once it is nailed down.

In the mean time I have one last 5k race tomorrow. I'm actually feeling pretty good for it as a result of the enforced taper, but I'm sure the conditioning I will have lost over the last few days will hit me hard in the race. Weather likely to be a factor too, forecast to be 80 degrees with the humidity making it feel 85. But we'll see. I can safely put it all on the line, nothing to lose- and I don't even have to worry about doing a warm down afterwards!

No comments: