Monday, April 7, 2008

Another DNS!

Didn't race in the end yesterday. Woke up after a rough night with Sophie not feeling very well. Went to the race but didn't even feel like warming up, just feeling really fatigued and light headed so went home and slept all day instead. Felt better today so got my long run in but my 'streak' has ended- oh well! ran 12.25 miles today at 6.45 pace. As usual with my recent runs the legs felt great but I was really tired at the end. I'm just constantly tired it seems at the moment when I do a long run or push the pace a little. I'm starting to get a bit concerned by this.

It's freezing cold here by the way! I saw my first proper snow in a long while yesterday (another reason the race wasn't too tempting!). I'd forgotten what the weather was like here, sunshine one minute, rain and snow the next! Really enjoying the trip though, nice to just forget work and such for a while. Emily went to her first ever football match on Saturday, to watch my Dad's team Wrexham against the mighty Macclesfield Town. She lost interest after about five minutes but my dad was so happy he was able to take her that it was worth it. Her photo and a 'Welcome to Emily from the USA' were shown on the electronic scoreboard at the game which was pretty cool.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I bet you are just exhausted from the travelling. Too bad you didn't race, but it happens to the best of us. :)

Nice long run!