Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lactate threshold

Feel I've been neglecting it lately so did my 10k tempo on the track that I like to do from time to time. Buoyed on by Man U's earlier success and the beautiful sunny evening I registered a decent workout

2.17 w/up (14.01) then changed into the fasttwitch. Goal was to run 5.30 pace and feel smooth throughout. Ended up running nice and easily through 4 miles but forcing it a bit on the last couple. Finished pretty strong though with a 75 last quarter

5.22/5.26/5.25/5.25/5.27/5.27/75 for 33.47. 5k splits were 16.53/16.54

Ysterday I ran an easy 7 at lunch time in the end but still didn't manage to avoid the rain. Got completely drenched including a farcical incident where a tidal wave engulfed me from head to toe as a truck passed. Shoes are still drying from that run but weather set fair for rest of week. Planning to get up early and get 15 in tomorrow morning before work, with temps in the low 40s!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mainers, you're really rounding into shape...good work!!