Monday, April 28, 2008

Sore

Legs have been feeling very sore since the race on Saturday which is unusual for a 5k for me and is probably a sign that 3 back to back Saturday's of racing may have taken its toll. Headed out yesterday for the middle 6.6 miles of Tim's 20 mile run (he obviously wasn't as fatigued as me from the race!) and felt fine, just sore!

Plan was to do my long run this morning before work but when I woke up at 4.45 the rain was absolutely lashing down outside with no sign of abatement so i have reorganised my week. I'll run another recovery run later today and go long Wednesday or Thursday. The way my legs are feeling that might be for the best anyway.

With the marathon to focus on later this year, my training schedule for the rest of the year has taken shape too. Obviously I can't expect to train hard all summer and expect a good performance at Richmond, so the plan is to keep this cycle of training going until June 7th when there is a new apparently flat and fast 5k in town which I have set as my short term goal race. After that I will chill out through June and July, build on my base, throw in the occasional tempo run, and then start to ramp up the training again in August, so I can have three months of dedicated training for the marathon. This should work well as June and July are typically horrible months for the weather so I can acclimatise gradually before the hard work kicks in

No comments: