Thursday, April 10, 2008

Double days and going through the motions

One of the good things about staying at my parents is the opportunity to run whenever I want, so I have been getting some 'two a days' in. Yesterday was no exception. I ran a very easy 4 miles first thing, then we went to the zoo for the day and when we got back I ran a fartlek workout- 8*2 mins on/2 mins off then 4*1 mins. Not a bad workout, not great but I'll take it. No pace in the legs it seems at the moment, but the sharpness will come soon. I ran up and down this country road in the middle of nowhere. the slightly up sections were at about 5.20 pace, the slightly down returns at 5.05 (in my 'regular' trainers). My stomach was playing up after the over indulgence last night and a big lunch today but there are a few advantages of running in the middle of nowhere if you get what I mean.

5k on Sunday so rest of week will be chill and no more doubles!

The down side of running at my parents is that I have to run on my own every day and there is a distinct lack of different routes you can run! I have also been getting my morning runs in before the girls wake up so have been heading out at 6 am every morning. The combination of monotony, boredom and a bad night's sleep made today's run very much of the 'going through the motions' type. Didn't really feel like being out there, just got it done. We are moving on to the next stage of our travels today so at least tomorrow I will have some new routes to explore

So Joseph is heading to my adopted town this weekend for the Race Fest 10k. Good luck to him. Should be a good race. A good friend of mine puts the race on and his races are always very well organized, popular and good prizes, bands and food after! Shame I couldn't be there to meet Tuscaloosa in person!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mainers! Here's hoping...part of wonders if good old Laker's going to show up or not...though w/ Boston being Monday, I doubt it...