Friday, April 11, 2008

Mud lark

As I hoped, a change of scene led to a much more enjoyable run this morning! My mate who we're now staying with lives near a nice hilly park so I did a couple of loops around there. It was very muddy and the hills were steep- great training country! My enthusiasm on my return with mud all over me was somewhat lost on my non running friends!

I can already tell I'm not going to be up to much in my 5k on Sunday though. There appears to be lots of catching up with old friends to be done in the next few days and inevitably that's going to involve plenty of booze. But I'm on holiday. will be back to sobriety and better eating next week!

took Emily to see her great grandparents this morning. What a couple! They've been married 54 years and have a signed congratulatory photo from the Queen on their mantlepiece!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your adopted city is going to make me fat...