Friday, April 25, 2008

So I've gone ahead and chosen it

Saturday November 15th Richmond Marathon

I've been contemplating for a while which marathon to choose for my second attempt and after careful consideration Richmond fits the bill. It is apparently reasonably flat and fast, Lisa's parents live an hour away so accommodation is not an issue and the family can all come and support, and it fits in nicely with my summer/fall racing schedule.

Now i just have to stay healthy and work out how to arrange my training this year so that I can hopefully peak for the marathon!

Meanwhile I did my run over tomorrow's course a couple of times for today's workout. Other than exceedingly tight hamstrings and a blister because of new shoes I'm feeling pretty good for the race. I ran 15.57 here last year but they have changed the course and it is slower now but I'm looking forward to the race!

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Cool! Congrats on the plan!

David H. said...

Hope you like Richmond. It was my first and only marathon ... and I'm a bit partial since I live in Richmond. The atmosphere is great - lots of people all along the course.