Friday, April 18, 2008

Tired

I'm officially tired. Ran a leisurely 6.8 this morning and although legs seem to have got a bit of snap back in them I still felt pretty tired. I don't know if it's the travelling and time differences catching up with me or allergies or what, but I just don't feel 100% at the moment. That being said, I did knock a good workout out the other night and I could wake up tomorrow feeling great for my race so we'll see.

Another point to note is that in the past five weeks I have run every day apart from that Sunday when I was ill. That's quite a change for someone used to taking a day off every 10 days or so, especially as there have been a smattering of doubles thrown in there too. Next week I'm definitely going to cut back a bit. I've even planned a day off- haven't had that luxury available in months!!

So tomorrow it is the 'Run for the money' 5k. This worthy event sees participants trying to raise money for their chosen 'Not for Profit' organization by placing as high as possible in the race. The overall winner gets $1,000. I will be trying to raise money for Catawba Lands Conservancy of which a friend is the Technology Director. This brings unusual pressures as based on last year's winning time of 16.40 I am expected to win, so if I don't it won't just be myself who I feel I am letting down! Couple this with the fact that I have never run this race before, have no idea what the course is like and have no idea what the competition will be and it makes for an interesting race! I'll update you all tomorrow!

No comments: