Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My new training buddy



Meet my new training buddy. I have never listened to music while i run before. Any attempts I made would generally end up with the buds falling out and dangling around my legs every five minutes. However now I have found a decent pair of earphones that stay in place I can see why people like to listen to music while they run!

Headed out at 5.15 today into the nice cool temps for the long run that I put off on Monday. Ran a 7 mile road loop with my new training buddy and then met up with Tim for 8 miles out and back at Mcalpine. Total 15.4 miles in 1:47.

Considering the workout last night legs felt pretty decent until about mile 10 and the last few miles the legs were sore. Lungs were good though and it was good to have that really tired feeling in the legs again- I haven't been doing enough long runs lately. Got to my desk this morning and realised I had run nearly 25 miles since I logged off last night....

2 comments:

Tom said...

Mainers: What kind are they? I have the same problem. They look like they'd be good for the track. I've tried a few pairs and they all either flop off or slide out when I start to sweat.

mainers said...

Hi Tom

they are 'Sennheiser PMX70 Sport Line Stereo Neckband Headphones'. I got them from Ebay. I think you can expect to pay between $30-$50 for them. They have worked very well for me so far but i will be interested to see how they perform once it gets hot here and I sweat profusely!